Monday, January 14, 2013

Hello world

As one of my (okay, my only) New Year's resolutions, I decided to start keeping a daily horse training/riding journal. A sort of way to keep track of everything I'm working on this year at the barn.

Once I started writing, I realized I had so much to say and so little room to write it (I have one of those tiny little journals that sits on my nightstand), so I toyed with the idea of branching out in to the interwebs. The blogosphere. The bloggerwebs?

So here are the basics.

I'm a graduate nurse and a horse trainer. If that doesn't make too much sense, don't worry. Neither does the rest of my life. I'm trying to get it all in order.

I've always wanted to work with horses, but was told (multiple times, mind you) that I would never be able to make a living riding horses. So I went into nursing school. In my last year, I got a job as a riding instructor/exercise rider. Go figure.

Now I've graduated, and I'm going to be sitting for my state boards/licensure exam soon. Fingers crossed I'll pass that, and be able to work as a real-life RN soon. I've already started applying to jobs at a number of different hospitals, because:
1. I like working in the acute care setting, so that's a win
2. I need to make serious money and get my own horse house
3. Hello, do you realize how expensive horses houses are??

Oh, who am I kidding. I want a pony of my own!

This is Berta, the horse I currently lease. I call her mine, even though she technically isn't. Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment