Thursday, February 21, 2013

Another long-winded update

I slacked off again. It's so hard to keep a blog updated while you're busy being wildly successful.

Or something like that.

So let's go in chronological order, starting with last Wednesday.

Wednesday morning I got the news that Berta (the horse I had been leasing/working with for the past two years) sold. She'll be going to a Morgan breeding farm up in Maine. I'm happy that she's going to a really great place, but I'm going to miss her a lot. I'll write more about all of this some time in the future.

 Berta and I after our first blue ribbon together

Thursday was Valentine's Day (or VD-Day as my mother likes to call it). I couldn't find any cards that I liked, so I unleashed my creative powers and drew one! Nothing says Valentine's like a zombie-themed card.

The inside says "I do love you for your brain!"

Oscar surprised me by showing up at my house with roses and a really sweet card. Major points.

Over the weekend I had two IHSA shows. Saturday was at Mt Holyoke, where I placed 3rd in my class (eh). Sunday's show was hosted by UMass, and I placed 1st, which qualified me for Regionals. WOO! 
What was really nice about Sunday was that I rode the same horse as I had ridden for the first show of the season. I placed dead last then, because my horse was a tough ride (did not and still does not steer) and I completely fell apart and freaked out. This time, I was prepared and I rocked the class. After the class, the judge said to me: "You had a great ride. The only thing I want you to work on is to keep your chin up and look like you're having fun out there!"

Things that also happened over the weekend: I received a Valentine's card from Chandler, tried a buffalo burger, yelled at a bunch of buffalo, and got Oscar hooked on The Newsroom. Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment