Thursday, February 7, 2013

Preparing for Snowpocalypse 2013

Okay, the title is a lie. I didn't brave the crowds at the supermarket in search of the essentials (a gallon of milk and a loaf of bread) -- someone else took care of that!

My only preparations involved eating breakfast (twice), eating lunch, going to work, eating dinner, and reading a book. One must be sure to eat plenty in preparation for being snowed in and therefore having nothing to eat other than a gallon of milk and a single loaf of bread (seriously, who went disaster-preparedness-shopping? We'll never survive the zombie apocalypse if this person is in charge)

Work is great, as always. Berri is so much more relaxed now than when I first started riding her, and we're getting some sustained moments of brilliance. It's slow work, but very rewarding.

One of the new horses, a Quarter Horse mare named Chloe, is really growing on me. We're figuring each other out more and more each ride. She's smart, sensitive, and I swear she moves more off of my thoughts than my actual physical directions. Gotta love riding a real western-broke horse.

In other news, I had an IHSA show at UConn last weekend. I had a pretty spectacular ride, placed first, and moved up to second for alumni regional standings (I'm only two points out of first place). I need ten more points to qualify for Regionals, and have three shows left in the season. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment